Sacrament of Confirmation
What is Confirmation?
Confirmation is a sacramental outpouring of the Holy Spirit that leaves a permanent mark on the soul as it seals the gifts of the Holy Spirit received at Baptism. It completes Christian initiation (Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation) and empowers us to be Christ to the world (see CCC 1302-1305).
The Bishop of the Diocese of Youngstown chooses 8th grade as the appropriate time for the reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation. All parish eighth graders are invited annually to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation. If you have any questions, please contact Michele Blate at the Church office.
What are the Requirements?
- The individual is grade 8 or older
- Has received the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Eucharist.
- Has completed at least 2 years of sacramental preparation (grades 7 and 8 with no more than 4 missed sessions annually)
- Attends all required sacramental preparation events.
Sacramental Preparation Events for 2015-2016 Confirmation year
- Attend the weekly Chosen class sessions either at the school, FFF or the evening Chosen sessions through April 25th.
- Parent & Candidate Meeting – October 5 or 6, 2015
- Rite of Welcoming – November 14 (5:00pm Mass) or 15 (10:30am Mass), 2015
- Confirmandi Retreat – December 4-6, 2015
- Confirmandi Penance Service – February 6, 2016
- Rite of Enrollment – February 20 (5:00pm Mass) or 21 (10:30am Mass), 2016
- Luncheon Retreat for Candidate/Sponsor/Parent – March 6, 2016
- Confirmation Practice – April 3, 2016