JOB DESCRIPTION for School Custodian
- The School Custodian is directly responsible to the Pastor of the parish and receives direction from, and maintains continuing reporting, to the parish Facility Manager.
- The position performs general cleaning duties in a specific portion of the School.
- Other specific activities, besides those mentioned below, are to be assigned by the Pastor and/or parish Facilities Manager.
Specific Primary Responsibilities
- To follow the Diocese of Youngstown’s Child Abuse Policy and the St. Paul Church Personnel Policy.
- To treat the public and fellow workers with respect and dignity at all times.
- To perform the functions of the School Custodian of St. Paul Church which includes, but not limited to:
In the school – Assignment to either A, B, or C Building on a daily basis
Clean classrooms, stairwells, and hallways
Clean and restock the bathrooms
Empty the trash
- Primary Hours are weekdays, 6:00pm – 9:00pm when school is in session
Specific Secondary Responsibilities
- To be available on call to assist with snow removal, vacation coverage, and summer school cleaning
- To maintain availability and perform duties on a weekly basis as scheduled. Dependability and punctuality are essential.
- To possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License and legal transportation.
St. Paul Church, of the Diocese of Youngstown, is a hire at will employer. This job description is not a contract, expressed or implied.
St. Paul Church consists of St. Paul Church and property, St. Paul School and property, St. Paul Rectory, St. Paul Priest Residences, and rental properties and the associated parishioners, families, buildings, grounds, ministries, programs, services and outreaches.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description is an overview of the scope of work and does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Click here Application Weekend Custodian to print the application form and return it to: St. Paul Church, 241 S. Main St., North Canton, Ohio 44720. If you have questions, please contact the Parish Office at 330.499.2201.